Monday, August 25, 2008

Does Anyone Know an Easier Way???

Sanding down the flat sections of the porch posts is fairly easy - I just use the orbital sander. The large convex sections are not even that bad - I can use the sander on those too. And the abrasive string works pretty well on the tight grooves...



But the small and medium convex areas and those 3 concave sections... I'm having trouble figuring out an effective way to smooth them out! I've been using one of these sanding sponges:



and I'm not so pleased with how it's working. Maybe I just have no patience. Maybe I'm worrying too much about something that people will never even notice. Or maybe I just don't have the right tool. And maybe someone out there knows a better way?

Maybe I'll save the hard parts for Jim to do when he comes home this week... hmmm...

No comments: