The good news is that I am now under doctor's orders to work from home, so that does give me a little *extra* time to sew - not to mention the money I save in gas (I normally commute 50 miles each way)
My fabric came in Tuesday, so here's what I did the last couple of days. Remember this little Craiglist purchase:
Well, here it is now:
All ready to coordinate with sock monkey cribbing!
In brief, I didn't use a pattern. I just took the old covers off and cut out fabric in that shape, adding a seam allowance. Then I just kind of fit the fabric around the cushions, pin, and sew. I added welt cording because I think that makes it look more professional. And I made the seat bottom "box" style - because I think it's easier to fit the strange shape, it looks nicer, and that's the style I have experience making. The seat bottom uses a zipper in the back and the seat back opens at the bottom, so both can be thrown in the wash when they're dirty.
And I also added some ties to the seat back to attach it to the glider.
Luckily, I had some extra cording and an extra upholstery zipper from a past slipcover project... though it made me a little sad because it still had the Fabric Place tag on it - just a reminder of how fabulous that store was, and how junky JoAnnes (or Ho-Annes, as my husband calls it) is.
But in true Tiffany form, the seat back is only 90% done - well, maybe 95%... I didn't use a zipper because it wouldn't construct quite right. My plan is to just put snaps in it to close it at the bottom, but I don't have snaps or a pair of snap pliers yet. I plan to get a nice pair & finish this, but we'll see how that actually turns out. No one sees that part, and safety pins do the job for now anyway!