I'm in a bit of a frantic panic to get stuff done today before I'm off to class, so only a brief description of what we did over the weekend....
I continued prepping and filling the 1/2 posts... they need time to cure, so I probably won't get to painting them until next weekend.
We also bought the beadboard for the porch ceiling. (note that the Homer guy was irritated at me asking him to cut the 16' boards, but was very pleasant when he came back over to help and Jim was present)
We painted those boards on Sunday,
and then on Monday, we were able to put them up. Looks pretty good too. We're getting better and better at doing the miter - a skill that will now be useless, since the floor and ceiling are now done.
It was very nice to have the lights up, as it got dark around 6:30, and we didn't finish until 8.
Well, "finish" is a slight overstatement - we have a very short final board 2" wide to fit on the front... and then there's also some moulding that needs to be put up. But at least now the trick-or-treaters can come to the house without (too much) fear.
Oh - and I significantly chopped down the rhododendron. Still there, just much smaller.