Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kitchen Inspiration



I finally found the magazine tear-outs that were the inspiration for my kitchen, so as promised, I'm posting them here. These came from a random "Kitchen & Baths" special publication from Womans Day - I don't even know the year, but most likely it was 2004, when I started tearing up the house.


What I liked about this kitchen was that it incorporated a cute 50s style with my favorite colors - red, yellow, & green and some collections, without being overly kitschy and loud - which apparently is very easy to do with a 50s theme.

I continue to tear out pictures of kitchens I like from magazines, but this one, by far, is still my favorite. Did I do a good job of imitating it?


My walls are still pretty bare. I'd like to find some of those fruit & veggie type-things to put up at the top, and I'm still in search of some advertising posters or tin signs to hang up. This is inspiring me to go do an eBay search this afternoon.

1 comment:

Gabriella said...

I love your kitchen. I think you captured the essence of your inspiration photos really nicely.