Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Walk Around the Block

Well, my short semester break has come to an end. I'm not sure that I really got much done... and now I'm sure I'll get even less done.

I am just over 30 balusters cut for the porch, but still have 20-something to go. I bought enough wood to make the remaining balusters, but didn't get much further than that last weekend. The drill press I purchased from Sears finally came in, and Jim put that together in my basement "wood shop" (just next to the "Carrie Closet" ala Stephen King - old cellars in New England are pretty creepy).

For some reason last Sunday I came to a halt (probably contemplating porch flooring), and decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to see what other houses had. I love some of the houses in Natick and thought I'd share my favorites...



The other thing I was looking for was what other people used as porch flooring. I only found one other porch with T&G boards, and it was totally rotted.


I actually talked to one neighbor for quite a while that had boards that I think were the same as the Azek boards. He was a little fuzzy on the brand, but thought it was Procell, which I believe Azek acquired. He also gave me some dirt on the neighborhood, which is always fun!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I just added your blog to my Houseblogs links page. Don't know what took me so long! :)